Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Green Screen of death...

I feel so honored that I got something different from Microsoft. Something other than what it had been dishing out from I don't know when.

I mean come on....

If you look at it, Microsoft's Operating System Windows or even its browser Internet Explorer,
however many editions or versions MS releases ultimately neither the OS nor the software is "logical" bug free, because it is just a color change here and a form change there, squares are made round and rounds square..

I mean I am not talking about extreme case defects. Regular defects that common sense would not allow.

You do not need to store 20 days of history by default.
The browser should not hog so much memory.
You need not update it first and then again roll them up into one and apply the patch again.
You need not restart after installation of every update so don't ask it.
And restarting is NOT a solution.


However, since I am also one of the many many windows users, I should not crib much.

But I was pleasantly (??) surprised to find a rare phenomenon (finding something new is rare) in MS's software.

If you haven't heard about the blue screen of death, then may be you need to use your windows based computer/laptop more. Its when the whole screen goes blue and you HAVE to restart the machine.


So I guess the DELL laptop is old (one year is how long they work properly, but cannot complain for the price they sell them for) suddenly decided to show me the SCREEN. But to my astonishment, I didn't get a blue screen, instead I got a green screen and that too fluorescent.

I had some unsaved text files, So I almost said the F word out loud and was hoping that the machine would respond, cuz it is not blue.

But well MS seems to have played a prank on me. This screen is same as the other screen. just a difference in color. Another MS strategy to fool people into thinking they got something new .

I present you the new MS Screen of Death, a non-adobe-photoshopped image. Look at it for yourself. All those who are about to tell me that it may be because of the Media Center edition and that the base tint for media center edition is green, well thats what MS does, change colors and package it as new...

No comments: