Monday, April 23, 2007

Is summer here yet?

Apr 23rd the first bona-fide summer day of the year (after spring officially started long ago)..... temperature in the 70s.... and a drastic change from a couple of days ago....

I do not know how the building support guys in those centrally air conditioned skyscrapers cope with these extremes... today they have to heat the whole building to 65 and then suddenly they have to stop the heat and start the AC to cool it off to 65 the next day..... and that too before people walk in to the building every morning.... I am glad I am not working there.

The tell-all sign of summer has arrived. Dangerously dropping neck lines and soaring hem lines, to the extent of becoming one is already evident all over the place. Not that everything is eye candy, but it is getting really hard not to hate it because no attention whatsoever is paid by the beholder. I work in the Fashion District...... no not on "fashion" but the support activities like web traffic analysis for fashion (does not sound too exciting, does it?).

And I already started feeling the heat. I drank five bottles of water, which is atypical of me, cuz I prefer aerated drinks to water and aerated drinks are just not cutting the thirst today.

I kept on wondering if the weather needed to change so drastically. But then again I realized that it is this drastic change that gives all the fall colors and beautiful springs that I enjoy so much. I just thought that nature needn't have used the "no pain no gain" policy at least here, but well who am I to think that way?

Two days and the grass is looking greener and the trees have young tender leaves and sprouts and amazing of all most of the plants have buds. What a change? and How in heaven's name is this change possible in two days. Cuz two days ago I was low with this stupid toothache and I STILL am low because I have the same freaking toothache.

No comments: