Thursday, January 25, 2007

"Risk" dekhne ka risk kiya...........

aur mogambo khush hua....

After a string of miserable movies (inspite of skipping KANK), I finally watched a good movie. I don't know if it is the acting/screenplay that was great or just pure adrenalin rush that comes with an underworld don kind of movie.

Thanks to RGV their life is no longer a mystery, he directed/produced many a movie, however, each time I watch a movie on the underworld, it never failed me, the same feeling that I had after watching Satya.

If you want to know the story without watching the movie, please go here. I don't understand why people cannot get it that a review is supposed to express opinions, and give their recommendation, not the story. However, even after reading the above review, I thoroughly enjoyed the movie. Though I despise Raja Sen's reviews (I cannot stand his language, too flowery and I think he tries too hard), I do have to give him some brownie points because he does not reveal the story.

Vishram Sawant scores once more after "D". But RGV is known to be "closely associated" with all his movies. The story too is somewhat similar to "Ab Tak Chhappan". Good screenplay. He could have done without the item song. I think there shouldnt be any songs in the movies, we should go the "soundtrack" way. May be item songs are okay. I take that back, considering the quality of the recent item girls, they should be shelved too.

Randeep Hooda picks it up from where he left D, albeit on the other side of the fence. I sincerely think he is a good actor. He said he learnt some of his mannerisms from Daya Nayak, and it works. You get a strong silent type, but not a stereotype.

Vinod Khanna was good. However, I never understood why AB was a bigger star, but this movie cleared that up for me. AB's voice made him a bigger star. VK looked the part, played the part, but did not sound the part.

Tanushree Dutta, I did not understand why she is in the movie, but well, all films are supposed to have a heroine. Thankfully her character was not "etched" anymore as complained by others.

I dont remember the name of Hooda's partner in crime (or crime elimination) in the movie, but that guy looks a lot more like Daya Nayak. It would have been a real scoop to cast him as a hero.

All other Varma regulars did their part.

I would say "paisa vasool", infact double vasool, cuz it was Wednesday and ticket price was discounted, especially when I paid the full price for a film like Yogi (telugu).

No comments: