Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Nirmalya'r Orient Express er CD

When Nirmalya left Baltimore (working for shitty bank) for good to Chennai (to work for a baniya ka dukaan), he left a few things for me. Of these a lot are those that he "sentu"-fied (a.k.a "hain bhai"-ed) from me (e.g. my wireless router, had to buy another one after "donating" mine, but am definitely glad I got them back), he did leave one cd named Orient Express. I thought he somehow got the movie and forgot to write "The Murder On". To my surprise I pop it in the player and suddenly this latino music (salsa kind) comes on.... no picture.... before I started dreaming up a "case" about Nirmalya's one of many escapades with a latina, a guy screams "Bondhu shunte pachho?"....


First reaction... "bangla band er gaan salsa music er sange.... remix korar aar kono music pai ni lokjon"....btw I do think in Bengali.... and nowadays I am thinking in Bengali and then translating it to Telugu.....

Next logical step.... tried to retrieve metadata from cddb, but failed to do so.... but not the one to accept defeat easily, spent around 4 hours of my precious sleep time to get the songlist and find one forum with the songlist albeit only a part of it....

By now, rapidly losing patience, I just wrote the songlist by myself.... even though I think in Bengali it is hard to figure "Emon Ek Jholmele Din-e" by myself....that too when someone decides to eat half of the words while singing....

Anyhow it is in one of these search pages that I actually discovered that I do have a blogspot for myself, I almost forgot about it.....

Lets see how long I do remember this time around......

If someone keeps track of songlists for their IDv3 tags, here is the list. ( I am almost tempted to write somethign about the band, but The Telegraph has a write up about them...... Don't bother searching for them on Google, cuz every freakin blogger who mentioned them just copied it from Telegraph.... not even a link, just copy and paste)

Album: Bandhu Shunte Pachho?
Artist: Orient Express (a.k.a Monojit Datta & The Orient Express)

Tracklist

01. Bandhu Shunte Pachho? 5:07
02. Emon Ek Jholmele Din-e 3:50
03. Ei Prithibi Amader Baari 6:08
04. Tomar Gaan 3:47
05. Saara Akash Tomar 4:52
06. Ektu Darao 4:58
07. Purno Shokaal 4:39
08. Bolte Cheyechi Tomai 4:27
09. Amar Mone 3:59
10. Dekho Nijer Gobhir-e 4:45

Now that you actually read all this, my take, even though being an ardent fan of bangla band.... I think this album is not really worth wasting 4 hours of sleep.... realized it pretty late....

Last, a fact (trivia sorts).... did you know how sentu-fying is going on now..... way back in 1997, it seems that I sentu-fied a beer from Nirmalya, in turn, he got it free from the shop, never paid for it, nonetheless, it is being used against me still.....

No comments: