Friday, April 24, 2009

Who is the REAL "Fake IPL Player"?

I guess the phenomenon called Fake IPL Player (link to blog) is going to come to an end tomorrow or at least that's what Prem Panicker says via his tweet.


And I am guessing now the whole corporate drama starts.... they also say that there could be a criminal case slapped on the player.....

I thought the guy was crude (esp. the names) but he had a great sense of humor. He may have stepped on innumerable toes who are ready to get back at him... But a criminal case in the offing?

cmon.... the guy is from a free country, democratic I might add.... many have died for his freedom of speech. Some nicks he has given, I agree are libellous, but the blog itself, I think he had every right....

Revealing dressing room secrets??? Am sure national security matters were not being discussed there....

Match fixing??? I don't understand how the information he posted helped other teams, and mostly after the games

Calling names???? He was creative about the nicks, but for what it is worth, he has a disclaimer.... Can't say he is cheating any more than IPL by calling the break a strategy break rather than a commercial "give me more money" break... individuals who we think are referred  in the blog may try to sue him, but how would he be a criminal??????????

Depressing brand value???? then what about negative reviews of a product online?
I don't know how it would end, but I would sure miss an interesting blog

No comments: